REPORTS TO: Branch Manager
Perform a wide range of transactional duties to serve members by receiving or paying out funds with high accuracy. Maintain accurate transactional records. Provide a variety of member savings, share draft/checking, and credit account transactions, as well as member services.
Teller Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet and welcome members to the credit union in a courteous, professional, and timely manner.
- Provide comprehensive, prompt, accurate, and efficient member transactions.
- Receive share drafts/checks and cash for deposit to accounts, verify amounts, examine share drafts/checks for proper endorsement, and accurately enter deposits into computer records.
- Process withdrawals from accounts and/or share draft/check cashing, verify amounts, and enter withdrawals into system accurately. Cash share draft/checks from a variety of accounts upon proper verification according to credit union policies and procedures.
- Assist with mail or e-mail transactions, when available.
- Place holds on accounts for uncollected funds.
- Count, check, and package coins and currency.
- Issue traveler’s checks, money orders, CD’s and other credit union products.
- Balance cash drawer at the end of the shift and compare totaled amount to computer-generated proof sheet. Research and resolve discrepancies. Report any discrepancies to the supervisor as necessary. May help other tellers research and resolve discrepancies.
- Ensure that the teller station is properly stocked with forms, supplies, brochures, etc.
- Maintain an up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge on all credit union products and services that are handled or promoted by tellers. Maintain an up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge on all related policies and procedures, rules and regulations for the teller area, including robbery procedures.
- Cross-sell credit union services such as share draft/checking accounts, IRA’s, CD’s, loans, debit cards, credit cards, on-line banking, bill payment, direct deposit and other promotional products where available.
- Receive mortgage/home equity, consumer loan, and other payments and ensure the payments match balances due. Enter payments into computer.
- Report malfunctions of teller terminals and other equipment used at the teller station to supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned by superiors.
Auburn Community FCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.