Most of us have found ourselves facing an occasional cash shortfall, be it the result of a checkbook error or an unexpected bill. Auburn Community Federal Credit Union understands, which is why we offer Courtesy Pay.
If you have had a checking account over 60 days and kept your checking account in good standing, this service may be available to you.
Courtesy Pay is a non-contractual courtesy, whereby we may honor your insufficient transactions up to your limit of $400.00, as long as you continue to maintain your checking account in good standing, which includes at least:
- Continuing to make deposits consistent with your past practices;
- You are not in default on any loan obligation to Auburn Community Federal Credit Union;
- You bring your account to a positive balance at least once every 30 days. Courtesy Pay does not guarantee that Auburn Community Federal Credit Union will pay your insufficient item. However, if you have an overdraft your account will be charged our standard $25.00 non-sufficient funds (NSF) fee.
Our Courtesy Overdraft Program coverage will automatically be added to your account to cover:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
We do not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of electronic transactions:
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
If you did not consent for overdraft coverage for your ATM transactions and everyday debit card transactions, then overdraft coverage is not available for these transactions.
If you would like to consent to having these transactions covered, or are not sure if you have this coverage, please contact the credit union.
If you do not opt-in to have us pay these types of transactions, it will have no adverse effect on your overdraft protection for checks and other transactions made using your checking account number or automatic bill payments.
If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined. Misuse of the account or accounts overdrawn over 45 days are circumstances under which your account may be closed at the credit union's discretion.
You may revoke your decision for overdraft coverage for ATM and everyday debit card purchases at any time. You may also opt-out of overdraft coverage for checks and other transactions made using your checking account number and automatic bill payments. Please contact the credit union if you have any questions.
Get Courtesy Pay
Protect your account from overdraft fees due to occasional cash shortfalls like a checkbook error or an unexpected bill. Auburn Community FCU makes getting protected possible.
To get Courtesy Pay protection…
Contact Us Now