|Who is Auburn Community Federal Credit Union?
The employees of the Auburn State Prison organized the Auburn
New York Federal Credit Union on January 27, 1936. It was formed
by the employees of the prison for the purpose of creating a
place where the employees could save and borrow money safely
and confidentially at fair rates of interest.
Originally known as Auburn Prison Employees Federal Credit
Union, the name was changed to Auburn Correctional Federal
Credit Union on August 25, 1978. On September 5, 1986 the
Credit Union changed its name to Auburn New York FCU.
Originally located in the prison, the Credit Union has expanded
and grown since its inception. Our membership has grown to
over 6,000. Each member possesses equal rights in the Credit
Union - one member, one vote - regardless of the amount of
savings on deposit or volume of business.
On December 18, 2001, Auburn New York Federal Credit Union
was converted to a Federal Community Charter. This change
allows anyone who lives, works, worships, or attends school
in Cayuga County the opportunity to join the Credit Union.
As a result, on May 5, 2004 the Credit Union officially changed
its name to Auburn Community Federal Credit Union.