REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
Develop, manage and maintain reliable accounting information and reporting on income, expenses, assets, liabilities, and capital for management planning and decision making and for fulfillment of financial reporting requirements. Reconcile GL and bank accounts. Manage the activities of the accounting department and staff. Ensure that reports, accounts, systems, policies and practices adhere to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). Assist with management of data processing system.
Accounting Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage accounting functions to include AP, AR, budgets, cash flow, cost management, credit and collections, financial analysis, financial reporting and recordkeeping, GL, investments, payroll, and taxes.
- Implement policies and procedures for the accounting department and ensure that policies and procedures reflect current regulations and are communicated to and implemented by subordinates.
- Reconcile revenue reports, variances, and special projects. Review daily balance sheet (loan and share) analysis. Prepare and review daily cash position analysis.
- Responsible for general ledger reconciliation, analysis of financial accounts, and preparation of journal entries. Provide end-of-month close and produce monthly financial statements.
- Ensure that all activities of the department are in accordance with GAAP and that the accounting records are maintained accurately and in compliance with laws and regulations.
- Maintain a highly motivated, well-trained staff, evaluating the performance of the staff on a regular basis. Resolve employee questions or conflicts.
- Develop and implement processes to streamline credit union accounting procedures.
- Develop and maintain computer-based analyses and reports of credit union accounting records on a regular basis.
- Back-up and perform all data entry and processing duties for the IT Department on an as-needed basis.
- Provide regular reports to management of all accounting activities for the credit union’s accounting/bookkeeping department.
- Monitor fixed-asset management.
- Conduct special accounting studies, analyses, and special projects as requested by management.
- Perform other duties as assigned by superiors.
Auburn Community FCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accounting Job Qualifications:
Minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Accounting.